123. Transactions for foregoing Cash Journal and Bill Journal.
Winnipeg, Man., September 3, 19-- . A. McIntyre and J. MacDonald have this day entered into co-partnership.
A. Mclntyre's Assets: Cash $5000 ; note for $365 against P. Fellows, dated May 11 at 4 months, bearing interest at 6% per annum. Liabilities: Note for $100, in favour of R. Wilkins, dated August 15 at 60 days.
J. 1facDonald's Assets : Cash by cheque on the Dominion Bank $1000.
7. Bought a set of books for the office with cheque, $12. Petty Cash Sales, $150.
Accepted B. King's draft on us, dated Sept. 6 at 30 days' sight, favour J. Mason, $730
Drew a draft on C. Dale in favour of ourselves, for $78, dated Sept. 6 at 7 days.
Accepted F. Burton & Co.'s draft, favour of themselves, dated Aug. 29 at 30 days, for
amount of Invoice of the 4th, $1460.
Sent the Kent Hardware Co. on a/c, bank draft purchased with cheque, for amount of
Invoice of the 12th, less 3% discount—$300 less $9 ; exchange -k%. (C.J. and Stub.)
14. P. Fellows' note in the opening entry falls due to-day—face $365, interest due $7.56 ; he pays $200 cash on it, and gives a new note at 60 days for the balance, bearing interest at 7%. Petty Cash Sales, $225.50.
16. Prepaid our acceptance of the 13th by remitting bank draft purchased with cheque ; discount at 5% ($3); exchange C.
17. Remitted C. Rogers & Co. cheque on a/c, $200. A. McIntyre withdrew cash $75.
The bank has credited us with the amount of C. Dale's acceptance left for collection on the 11th, less collection charges i% ; face $78, coll. 20c.
18. Sold L. Laing for cash, 15 doz. Paint Brushes @ $1.20 ; 4 bbls. Boiled Linseed Oil, 40 gals. ea. at 50c. (Put this through the Personal A/c.)
21. Petty Cash Sales, $260.80.
23. Received from T. Marshall on a/c, his cheque on the Merchants Bank for $25, dated Sept. 21.
J. MacDonald withdrew for private use, $40 by cheque.
Paid gas bill with cheque, $15.
Accepted draft drawn by the Kent Hardware Co. in favour of themselves for $600, dated
Sept. 25 at 30 days. Petty Cash Sales, $275.60. Paid bank collection charges 5c. 30. Remitted B. King on a/c, bank draft $800, purchased with cheque ; exchange *%.
Paid bookkeeper's salary, $40 in cash. Paid rent of store for Sept., $40 in cash.