Previous The Canadian Album, Men of Canada, Vol. 1 (1891) Next

 

446

MP-N OP CANAnA,.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

k

amk

 

 

 

 

r~   S

 

 

F

lR

 

 

 

 

a

~.n

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a` 7

 

 

rt~"

~ k

 

 

 

~   da

~   Xar

 

 

 

 

HUGH McKENZIE WILSON,
Q.C., Brantford, Out., was
born on April 9th, 1840, at
Aberdeenshire, Scotland. His parents
were Stephen and Ann E. (Melvin)
Wilson, natives of Scotland, who came
to Canada in 1847. Mr. ~~7ilson re-
ceived his education at Hamilton Gran-
mar School, and by private tuition
under Rev. John Alexander, Rev. AIr.
Scott, Rev. llr. Fenn, and Rev. AIr.
Alontgonlery. He afterwards studied
law and was admitted to the Bar ill
1866. He was appointed Q.C. by the
Dominion Government in 1SS3. He
has officiated as Deputy Judge of Brant

County three times, having been first appointed to that office in 1S72 by the Dominion Government. He is County Clerk, Solicitor for the County, and Solicitor for the Canadian Bank of Commerce. He is a member of the Royal Arch Alasons and A.F. cC A.M., and has filled the offices of W. Al. and D. D. G. Al. In religion lie is aii Episcopalian, and in politics a Conservative, holding office in the South Brant Conservative Association. Mr. `'Filson was married May 5th, 1574, to Miss Mary Selina, daughter of A. H. Nelles, of Brantford. His family consists of one son and two daughters.


Previous The Canadian Album, Men of Canada, Vol. 1 (1891) Next