27th, 1837, in Dublin, Ireland, and was brought to Canada in his infancy. He was educated at the public schools in Canada, and afterwards learned the carpenter trade. In iS6o he entered the dental office of N. P. Peck, Newmarket, and in 1868 was granted a license by the newl} organized Dental Board. For thirty years he has practiced in Bradford and Simcoe County. His son, Fred. R. Porter, D.D.S., a graduate of the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario and Toronto University, has now succeeded Dr. Porter, and carries on his father's business. He is a member of the Methodist Church, and is a Mason of high standing, being P.'-\[. and Past First Principal, and Past Grand Superintendent of Royal Arch Masons, Knight Templar, 18th degree Ancient Accepted Scottish Rite, Provincial G.M. 95th degree Egyptian Rite, P. Inspector-General of Cryptice Masonry, also Past District Deputy of the A.O.U.W., and is also Past Deputy Grand Commander of the Select Knights. Dr. Porter married, in 1866, Mary, daughter cf Capt. R. B. C. Playter, Holland's Landing, Ont.