CHARLES FREDERICK WAGNER,
architect, Toronto, was born June 28,
1862, in that city. He is of German descent, leis parents being 1latives of Gerulany, who came to America in the year 1838. He received his education at the public schools and Upper Canada College, Toronto. His father being a builder, the subject of our sketch, considering it quite a necessary adjunct to be practical, became apprenticed to him, and spent some time at carpenter work. In the year 1883 he began the study- of architecture in the office of Messrs. Gordon & Helliwell, Toronto. In 1887 he opened all office on his own account at 4 King street East, but business having increased he was compelled to remove to larger premises. Mr. 'Wagner was a member of the German Lutheran Church, but since being married, his wife not under-standing the German language, has joined the Church of England. He is also a member of the Ontario Association of Architects. He was married in September, 1888, to Miss Lucy, only daughter of Major James Bennett, of the Inland Revenue Department, Toronto.