the township of Trafalgar, Halton County, Out., on the 2nd of July, 1833. He was educated at the Oakville Grammar School, and completed his theological education at the New York Conference S2niinary. Before going to the Seminary, he taught public school for two years in Canada, and after leaning the Seminary ill 1851, was appointed Principal of Hobart Seminary, and of Plattsville Academy in 1858. He returned to Canada in 1859, and in February, i86o, was sent by the Rev. R. Jones to supply the Grand River Mission of the Wesleyan Methodist Church until the meeting of the Conference. At the Conference of i86o lie nn•as received as a probationer for the regular ministry of the Methodist Church, and ordained at the Conference of 1864. He was married on the 28th of June, iS64, to Lydia, daughter of F. McCullough, Esq., of Navan, and sister of the late Rees. Williain and Jas. B. McCullough. Both are now dead. Mr. Kenney was secretary of the Ottawa District in 1870, and financial secretary of the Algoma District in 1877.