place on November 1st, 1852. He received his education at the public school of Binbrook, County of Wentworth, and afterwards served apprenticeship in the flour and grain business with J. Hancock, of Hamilton, with whom he remained until 1878, when he was taken into partnership, which continued until 1882, when he bought out the entire business. In 1887 he built new premises, in which he now carries on the largest business in flour, feed, grain and seeds in Hamilton, In 1889 he bought the property in rear of his present store, and built on it a mill, where he manufactures Graham flour, pot barley, split peas, corn meal, etc. The building extends from John to Catherine streets. a distance of three hundred and fifty feet. Mr. Dunlop was married on the 13th of November, 1877, to Mary Ann, eldest daughter of R. Wilson, Nelson, County of Halton. In politics he is an active Conservative, a member of the Presbyterian Church, and also of the A.O.U.W., and Board o Trade.