DAVID LESLIE PHILIP, M.D., was born at Richmond, Que., on the and of Jan-
uary, 1841. He was educated at the High School, Vankleek Hill, and subsequently at McGill College, Montreal, where he graduated in 1863, obtaining first prize for thesis, and also in clinical medicine. His parents, on coming to Canada, settled in Richmond. On graduating he settled in Woodstock, in partnership with Dr. Torquand. He afterwards went to Plattsville where, for six years, he enjoyed a very large practice, and then removed to Brantford. On leaving Plattsville, the medical profession entertained him at dinner and presented him with a handsome case of surgical instruments. Dr. Philip has been for twelve years member of the Collegiate Institute board, and for three years, chairman. In 1884 he was elected vice-president of the Ontario Medical Association, and in 1885 representative to the Erie and Niagara division of the Ontario Medical Council, and again in 1890, without opposition, for a second term of five years. He is a member of Zion Presbyterian Church and of the board of management ; also a member of various local societies.