Previous Index Next

 

PRINCESS PATRICIA'S   331

buried with full military honours in the little churchyard at Voormezeele, in ground that had been granted in perpetuity to the Princess Patricia's by the Belgian Government. The second-in-command, Major Hamilton Gault, was, at this time, in England convalescing from the wound received in the attack on the f3rd Bavarians, and the command of the regiment devolved upon the adjutant, Captain H. C. Buller, who retained it until the 4th of May, 1915, when he was struck in the eye with a fragment of shrapnel while in trenches to the east of Ypres.'

 

1For the later work of the Princess Patricia's, see Volume III of this series.


Previous Index Next